Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in water. Now iTunes says it needs to be restored. How do I get my original pictures off of the phone before restoring the phone and losing all of my information?

I dropped my iPhone 3G in water and it immediatley turned off. One day later, it turns on again but it tells me to connect to iTunes. iTunes says that I need to restore my iPhone to the factory settings in order for it to work again.

I want to get all of the pictures off of my phone (if it's not too late), but I'm not sure how to do it. The only option iTunes gives me is to restore the phone. My computer doesn't even detect the phone as being connected to my computer so I cannot view the pics that way.

Can anybody help me figure out how to get the pictures off of my phone before restoring it?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 3G

Posted on Sep 2, 2011 5:46 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2011 9:24 PM in response to jacobfromatascadero

http://www.tansee.com/download.html for PC users

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransphoto.php (PC users)

Also you could try this:

Following are Steps to Transfer Photos from iPhone to MAC:

1). Attach your iPhone to Mac
2). Open up Preview
3). Click File menu and from there select “Import from iPhone…”
4). Select the photos you would like to transfer and click import, Select “Import All” in case you want to have all the photos in computer.
5). For confirmation sake go to ~/Pictures/ folder, picture copied from iPhone should be there.

If you have a windows PC then follow below given procedure to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC.
You can accomplish this just using Windows Explorer, but there are two different methods. And here you go with the first one.

1). Plug your iPhone into your computer without iTunes running.
2). Now pop-up will appear asking what you would like to do with iPhone.
3). Click on “View Content”
4). Locate your photos.
5). Copy the same and paste it at desired location on your computer.

Another method for Mac users is "Image Capture" which is already installed on your mac, I will look for other applications for mac users, hope this helps!

I dropped my phone in water. Now iTunes says it needs to be restored. How do I get my original pictures off of the phone before restoring the phone and losing all of my information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.