Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 keeps freezing then going into recovery black screen

I just got ripped off from a guy on ebay...

I bought what he said was a brand new replaced iphone 4.

As soon as i got the phone i pluged it in and attempted to update it,

the phone froze, the screen started to distort ( the image started to change color )

then it just went black.

No matter how much I held down the power button it would not boot up. after a while it shows back up in itunes in recovery mode and needing to restore.

After may attempts of it just freezing whiles restoring I finally got it to restore, but heres the problem.

It still behaves the same way no matter how many fresh installs i put on the phone.....

Any ideas as to whats wrong or could be wrong with the phone?

Has to be hardware related i think....

Warranty coincidently ended a few days after I bought it from the guy.

Ohh I'm on 4.3.5

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 8:29 AM

5 replies

Sep 7, 2011 9:19 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thats just it. The seller had the listing as BRAND NEW iPhone 4.

Then after the purchase he said that it was just replaced by apple, had the stickers from apple on it and everything.... honstly I wouldn't swear for the seller but thats what he had it listed as.

He gave me the run around until my time to open a case was up... he even had me ship it back to him just to kill time. now I have it again. What looks to be a expensive paper weight.

iphone 4 keeps freezing then going into recovery black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.