Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove cydia

Hi, I need to transfer the apps from the Ipad 1 to the ipad 2, but I don't want the Cydia anymore. I'm looking to transfer the apps (without cydia) to the new ipad, then do a restore on the old one.

Can this be done?

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 7:25 PM

9 replies

Sep 25, 2011 7:32 PM in response to majikmann

So cydia is the "jailbroken app store". Now I am wondering if you are transfering traditional app store apps, or cydia apps. If you are transfering traditional apps make sure that your itunes library has all of those apps in the library and back up your ipad to itunes. Once it is backed up plug in the new ipad and "restore" from the back up of your old ipad. If you restore all of your app data and settings will be loaded into the new ipad. If just want the apps you can sync your ipad to itunes and pick the apps you want.

how to remove cydia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.