Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop videos popping up in safari through the Facebook iPhone app on iPad?

I have the Facebook iPhone app on my iPad and this morning saw a video in my newsfeed from one of my friends and figured it was spam. I didn't click it but now wondering if I tapped it by accident. Now whenever I open the app on my iPad, Safari pops open to one of two YouTube videos, either shirts for shelter or nom nom nom babies picture video. This is extremely annoying and the app needs to be opened three times before I can actually use it, which pretty Much renders the app useless. How do I stop this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, unfriending the friend who first posted it, and clearing out the apps in the Facebook settings. No luck.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 5:58 AM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2011 6:03 AM in response to gatortiff

It appears to be a bug with, I assume, Facebook's servers - other people are having the same problem, me included, with the app switching into YouTube in Safari and showing the last video that was posted on the wall. Until Facebook (if it is their bug) fix it, then there is not much that you can do, apart from possibly accessing Facebook via Safari or on your computer instead.

Sep 29, 2011 3:14 PM in response to gatortiff

It's happening to me, too. It started happening last night (9/28/11) and every time I scroll through status updates & someone has posted a video from YouTube it pops up my Safari app and shows the video. I deleted the FB app, re-installed it, & it still happened. I cleaned out my cache, cookies, history, & it still happened. I deleted the FB app again, installed Friendly Plus for iPad and it did the same thing! Not sure whose fault it is, but I sure hope there is a solution for it. There are several threads on FB's help page but no one from FB is offering any advice. Maybe they will start working on it soon.

Oct 3, 2011 9:46 AM in response to shorpoints

I think FaceBook is aware of the issue. THEY have to fix this. There is nothing you can do about it. Apparently they are getting ready to release an iPad app this week. Do a Google search and you will several articles about it.

This topic overwhelmed the discussion site a few days ago. Read the first question that you posted as well.

How do I stop videos popping up in safari through the Facebook iPhone app on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.