Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm going to buy a new iPhone, how many GB's do I need?

Rather than get a new iPod, I plan to use my new iPhone 4s for my music. I'll probably have about 800 songs, will use many apps, cruising the internet, watching video, and storing some pictures, bbut probably only around 100 or so. How many GB's will I need? 8? 16? 32?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 1:26 PM

IMO, buy as much as you can afford. You probably won't regret it and it will be worth more when you sell it.

See "More Like This" to your right for related threads.

5 replies

Oct 7, 2011 1:29 PM in response to AZ_guy

What is the storage capacity of your iPod and what is installed on it besides music?

A movie purchased from the iTunes store will take up 1+ GB of storage - the longer the movie, more storage space required. The new 4S is available with 16, 32, and 64.

In regards to storage capacity, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Whatever storage capacity you choose, you won't be able to increase it. You probably won't go wrong with 32GB.

I'm going to buy a new iPhone, how many GB's do I need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.