Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to iOS 5, but the lock screen notification is not working

even after I did a clean set up as a new ipod, there are no notifications on the lock screen, although the swipe down notification is working, anyone knows what the problem is and how to solve it? I have the ipod touch 4 th generation. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 3:22 PM

16 replies

Oct 13, 2011 4:43 AM in response to Ceci_1234

All notifications (reminders, calendar events, weather, stocks) will all appear in the pull-down notifications area.

Only new (unread emails, unread messages, etc) will appear in the lock screen.

Once you unlock the iDevice, the notifications will disappear from the lock screen, but will still be in the pull-down area, (unless you go directly from the lock screen to the app that is notifying you of something...).

Oh, and you cannot pull down for notifications on the lock screen, those notifications only appear if they haven't been read / app viewed. (That's the case for my iPod Touch 4thgen).

Hope this helped. 😀

Oct 13, 2011 1:37 PM in response to Ceci_1234

Mail, messages, only show up in the lock screen (as single alerts) if they haven't been read. Reminders don't remind (or come up in the lock screen) until the time you set comes to pass. Once you unlock the device, they disappear from there.

The 'View in Lock Screen' option for everything is only for new items which come (emails, reminders, messages) in when the iDevice is locked (or asleep).

The banners option means that a small banner comes up at the top of the screen, then goes away after 5sec. This only happens when the device is unlocked, not in the lock screen (cos the device is locked and u won't c it).

If you want to see all reminders, unread messages (doesn't seem to work for emails you mark as unread) and events, swipe down from the clock, (menu bar at the top of the ipod) to see all your notifications. (This will not work on the lock screen).

Hope this helps. 😝

Oct 13, 2011 2:14 PM in response to techead

Yeah, I think you are right, there is some low level of misleading advertisement from the pictures on apple's website showing multiple banners showing reminder, calendar and messages on the lock screen. The notification will show if I receive a new email while my ipod is locked, but will not if i check the mail and leave the new mail unread(although those unread mail still show up n the pull-down notification). Thanks for the clarification!🙂

updated to iOS 5, but the lock screen notification is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.