Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone says "Location Services Disabled"

I was setting up Find my iPhone and Find my Mac, and when I signed in to iCloud.com, it told me that location services were disabled. I checked on my phone and they were on. I tried turning location services off and back on, and even turned the phone off and back on and still am getting the same message. Any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 5:43 AM

16 replies

Nov 6, 2011 5:47 PM in response to darthnater

I had the same problem: "Location Services" was on but "Find My iPhone" said it was disabled. I then navigated to Settings/iCloud/Mail and turned off FMiP. After I turned it back on, I received a query if I would allow the use of iPhone features such as Map. I clicked on "Allow" and - voila - FMiP now works. Strange... but it worked.

Mar 17, 2012 6:37 PM in response to Gonzo0986

The thing I noticed that worked for me was the part about getting to it through settings/mail. At the top of mail it shows accounts, one of which is iCloud. Tap the iCloud account, then scroll down to where it has FMiP ( probably turned on) turn it off here and on again and you get the "allow" button. Once you do that it works (as long as you have location services turned on, and FMiP set to on in that list) getting to the iCloud menu without going through Mail settings didn't work for me either. Perhaps it has something to do with the Accounts part?

Good luck

CGTinamaker

Mar 17, 2012 6:52 PM in response to darthnater

I seem to recall that due to "Sandboxing" apps that want to use OS features like location, compass, contacts etc. now must be authorized by the user to do so through the "allow/don't allow" dialog box. This protects us against apps that would do all this stuff without our knowing it. Perhaps this difficulty results from something like that. In any case, thanks MPS_BCS you saved us!

Jun 23, 2012 12:40 PM in response to darthnater

In my situation, I found "Find my iPhone" in Settings, "On" yet iCloud indicated "Location Services Off"

I turned "Find my iPhone" settings Off, then on, then refreshed iCloud in Browser and it now has Location Service.

But, this is going to be hard to do if you can't find your iPhone to reset.

So I am going to try to check icloud weekly.

Thinking Different since 1991

Oct 25, 2012 3:57 PM in response to darthnater

I know this is an old thread, but this happened to me recently, and I found that my phone had 2 icloud accounts registered in account settings, and had fmip active on both accounts. After a recent iOS upgrade, (not sure which) it only allows you to have fmip active on one icloud account, but since I had it that way since before the upgrade, the setting was still active for both accounts, so when I signed in to fmip with one icloud.com account I could see the phone's location, but with the other, I would get the "location services disabled" message. So I turned it off on both accounts, and now it only allows me to have it active on one icloud account at a time.

Hope this is helpful!

Find my iPhone says "Location Services Disabled"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.