Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim Card Failure No Sim with iPhone 4S Anyone Else?

Got the new 32GB iPhone 4S today from AT&T, activated the phone was working all morning, I started experimenting with Siri and a couple minutes later the phone was hotter than usual and I get Sim Card failure, and Bad SIM messages. The phone now only says No Sim. I get home take out the SIM card and put it in my previous iPhone 4 and it works just fine. I then put in a blank micro SIM into the new iPhone 4S, but it still says NO SIM. Thinking the SIM reader got fried some how already.

Anyone else have this problem maybe a bad batch out there, or I just got an unlucky lemon?

I made an appointment for the genius bar tomorrow, but I seriously doubt they will have replacement stock of the 4S already. Guess I will find out what my next course of action will be tomorrow trying to get a replacement since new orders are taking 30 days to ship I am afraid I will have to wait awhile to enjoy the new features of my already paid for phone 😟

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 4:55 AM

I'm having the same issue... 😟

1,365 replies

Oct 15, 2011 4:44 PM in response to robsdoghouse

Yep, mine has done it twice this evening, Sat (day after release day).

I was gonna go to the apple store but if it's happening to a few people i'm guessing it might be a service/software issue.

I'm going to a camping trip so i won't have an apple store near by but I guess a pin will have to do since doing so fixed the No Sim right away..

I feel sorry for verizon/sprint users. :-/

Let's keep an eye on this.. i'm sure there will be a software patch soon.

**** 32GB White 4S for AT&T*****

is this only happening to 32GBs?

Oct 15, 2011 5:57 PM in response to robsdoghouse

This is the original poster, after having it powered off all night as I go to take it to the genius bar this morning, I decided to try the SIM one more time and low and behold it worked again, despite multiple attempts the day before, I don't know whats going on, but for the time being its working, but I am having to keep my spare iphone 4 and a paper clip around me at all times as I am not confident it was a fluke based on how many others are also experiencing this.

My advice for now would be to power it off and let it cool down then try it again, only explanation I can think of for it working this morning. We will see I guess moving forward if this happens again or if there is a way to recreate the problem.

Sim Card Failure No Sim with iPhone 4S Anyone Else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.