Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s failed to sync

tying sync my iphone 4s with itunes, it saying fcould noy sync because the sync session failed to start, any idea why it doing this?

- everything up to date and things.

- i also can't sync over wifi with itunes, as it try's search for it, i connected it with itunes, then it disapears from itunes, and have to re-connect.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 1:42 AM

11 replies

Oct 16, 2011 7:37 PM in response to NMJH

I bought my iPhone 4s and one for my wife today and am having the same problem that I can not sync with my itunes. It synced the Apps but none of the photos and music. I am using the latest version of iTunes 10.5.0.142. I have tried restoring my 4s to factory setting but the result is the same: no syncing of photos and music. I am not sure if you tried the suggestion by Closer007 below. Would like to hear if you found a solution to this problem.

Nov 16, 2011 11:32 PM in response to NMJH

Hi there, i'm having the same issue. I get that message and sometimes it just says it has completed syncing which it hasn't. I have restored the phone a few times, and it works alright the first time you sync it. But then when you try to add apps or more music from iTunes it doesn't work. Quite frustrating. I tried it with my iPad and it does a similar thing. It's only ever happened since iOS5. And I'm syncing with the USB cable, not WiFi.

Nov 21, 2011 10:26 AM in response to NMJH

I've been having the same issue. Every time I hook the phone up to my mac I get "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone “iPhone”. Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings." I haven't tried restoring it to factory settings, and don't want to. From the sound of what people have said here, I doubt it would help anyway.

iphone 4s failed to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.