Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tomtom car kit bluetooth not working

I cannot get my iPhone 4S to connect to the Tomtom car kit via bluetooth. The phone searches but does not find the car kit.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 10:33 PM

8 replies

Oct 25, 2011 9:19 AM in response to machine65

I upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the 4S. I got the adapter from TomTom for the iPhone 4. When I insert the 4S, it connects OK and the phone charges. I did the reset of the Bluetooth and the TomTom Car Kit shows up on the iPhone. But when I attempt to pair the car kit using the code 5555 (as stated in the manual), it says the code is incorrect and will not pair.

I've also tried using 0000 as the pairing code, with no success.

So far, TomTom support has been very pleasant but ineffective in providing answers.

Are other people having the same issue? Please respond if so.

Has anyone been able to pair the car kit to an iPhone 4S? If so, PLEASE tell me how you did it?

Oct 25, 2011 12:45 PM in response to iMarc845

Hi All

Right, this is what worked for me;

I had a iPhone 4 running ios 5 and all was fine. Since upgrading my to 4s my TomTom car kit wouldnt regognise the new phone. The reason you cant connect the bluetooth is because the phone must be regognised by the dock.

1. Remove the iPhone 4 adapter (retangular stick on thing that comes with the kit specifically for the iphone 4)
  2. turn it over so it is facing the wrong way. You should still have enough stick left behind on the kit itself to stick on again - must be the wrong way around!!
  3. Job done!!

Works a treat

Nov 1, 2011 1:58 AM in response to nickelsom

That is very bizarre but true - it worked on mine too!

Had almost given up when thought I'd try it as it made no sense to me. So my wife has an iphone 4 running ios4 that still pairs with the tomtOm the old way, whereas my iphone4 on ios5 has to have the adaptor thingy turned round the wrong way. Why is this??

Does ios5 change the shape of the phone?! It's crazy and very annoying as will no doubt cause more connection issues.

tomtom car kit bluetooth not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.