Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my iCloud account on my iPhone

I know i'm not the only one who ha the same prb out there, and I read a lots of stuff in the different discussions, but I want to make sure, so let me ask:

my wife and I share the same store account, and somehow when I set up our two iPhones, her iCloud account got attached to my Apple ID. Which obviously is not good, since we don't want to share all contacts and appointments, etc...

So, I just what to change her iCloud account from my apple ID to hers. How do I do that?

I am thinking to delete that account (settings->icloud->delete account), but i want to make sure this is not gonna wipe out all her data.

Also, I read somewhere on the Apple website that once you have attached your device to an iCloud account, you have to wait 90 days before to be able to change account. Is that true? Or deleting account will do it?

Thanks for your help.

Laurent

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 9:10 AM

I believe that the icloud and old mobileME is natively tied to the appleID and that's the whole point and you will never be able to separate that tie

but I could be wrong

134 replies

Oct 22, 2011 12:31 AM in response to dustoff99

Thanks Dustoff99, but we do NOT want to share the same iCloud account, as it will merge or two sets of data (contacts and calendars, etc...).

The account your Store is linked to can be different than the one your iCloud has. So checking the Store account doesn't really do anything.

All I'm trying to understand is how to change her iCloud account ID: yes, I can go into Settings > iCloud > Account, but it is greyed out, you cannot change it in there !!

So to change it, I'm wondering if I should delete this account (bottom of the page) and re-create another one?

Oct 22, 2011 8:16 AM in response to Laurent P.

Hey Laurent,

I had the same problem, the email was greyed out, all you have to do is delete the icloud account, and you will be able to sign into your new account. The information will not be deleted off of the iphone because you can choose to leave all information on your iphone before actually deleting the account. I used to share an account, but now i have my own. Hope this helped.

Oliver

Nov 1, 2011 10:55 PM in response to plgreenfield

I was just having an issue for the past couple of days because I have all an all new email account. I couldn't change it on my phone to the new email so it wasn't backing up, etc. I thought I had a Genius appointment in my future, and wanted to avoid it and finally checked it out here before I did.

Just want to make it CLEAR for anyone who doesn't know that if you are trying to change the account email address for iCloud on your iPhone 4, at least, you must delete that account from your phone and then sign back in to the account using the new email address. My new email address was already filled out on my phone when I signed back in...so it was really easy. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Dec 14, 2011 7:52 AM in response to jls1988

Just to be sure. When you delete the iCloud account from your iOS device and use a different AppleID (thus, a different account) as you guys are describing, the iOS will backup to this new account, correct? So I can have the photo stream (for new photos from this point in time), backups and all the other iCloud features on this new account. Correct?

Dec 22, 2011 7:11 PM in response to Laurent P.

I can't seem to verify my icloud account... it says under the icloud settings on my iphone (3gs) that I must check my email for instructions on how to verify...the problem is that somehow, and I have absolutely no idea how, but my mother's email is listed as the one to check for instructions, even though my icloud account is under my email address. I deleted the icloud acount and put my email and apple id account information when it prompted and yet it hasn't changed the instructions. This does not make sense to me nor do I understand where my mother's email came from, we do not share an apple account or anything of the sort. I want to reinstall the previous IOS because since updating to the latest one my 3GS is much less responsive and the my battery dies twice as fast, I realize the newest software is ideal for the newest iphone models but the ill effects it has had on my 3gs are much worse than I expected. I just dont want to lose anything on my phone in the process of going backwards software-wise. Any clarification would be appreciated thanks.

Jan 13, 2012 11:42 AM in response to jls1988

I am sorry to bother you with this stupid question....

Same issue as everyone else and I do think that deleting my email would fix it but I do not know how to delete the account from my iphone. 😟 I went to setting and tried to figure it out but....

Thank you for any help!

My reason for doing this is to have an icloud account that I can use exclusively for my iphone without messing up outlook for mac with another email address. I would llike to be able to use an .me account simply for iphone emails that cannot wait or I need to mail something.

How do I change my iCloud account on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.