Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why arent photo's taken on my iPhone appearing in Photostream

I have installed all new software required on iPhone, iPad and iMac.

Photos I now take on my iPhone are NOT appearing anywhere other than Camera Roll

There is nothing sitting in Photostream

What am I missing?

Thanks

Amanda

iOS 5

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 10:45 PM

49 replies

Oct 26, 2011 6:36 AM in response to Andrew Lamont

So even though I have my Photostream turned on in the iCloud settings, the photos I take will not appear in the Photostream unless I am in a wifi location? Does that mean only photos I take in wifi locations will go to Photostream? Or will the photos I've taken not appear in Photostream until I am in a wifi location, even if I've taken them earlier?

Oct 28, 2011 7:23 AM in response to amanda291

Im having the same problem as the original poster.

i have an iphone 4s. photostream is turned on on both my pc (win 7) and the iphone.

photo's taken with the iphone go to the camera roll, but NOT to the photostream folder on the phone, and never show up on the PC in the photostream folder.

i have tried just about everything i can think of.

nothing has worked.

photostream was working on the phone the day i got it, but not ever since.

on the day that i got the phone, i took three pictures.

all of these went to the photostream folder on the phone, and then to the PC via the cloud. no photo taken since goes to the photostream folder, just to the camera roll.

im guessing this is a big glitch, and we will see 5.0.1 very soon.....

Jason.

Nov 13, 2011 12:05 AM in response to amanda291

Hi - Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet ?

I had the same issue. I just got a new iPhone4s. I took some photos a few days back, they promptly appeared through photostream on my ipad and my macbook pro. However, this morning, when I took some picture from my iphone, they appreared in my photostream on iphone and also appeared on ipad. However, they don't appear on my iphoto.

Dec 10, 2011 12:54 PM in response to amanda291

I am getting this as well, but with no real pattern. Took 5 photos on my iPhone whilst out and about last night. Got home late so switched on iPhone this morning to see he last 4 pics move to photo stream. The first pic I took is still on the camera roll but hasn't appeared in photo stream. I have only got 5 pics in photo stream altogether!

Dec 25, 2011 6:04 AM in response to amanda291

I am having a similar problem. Photos taken on my iPad 2 are pushed to photostream and my iPhone 4s while sitting in my house on wifi. But I could not get it to go the other way from iPhone to iPad...at&t data off or on but always with wifi on. I have cloud and photostream enabled on both devices. I was so excited when I got my iPhone for Christmas that photos would be shared easily....does someone at apple monitor this and send us solutions? Please help!! I am very disappointed! Also I can't figure out how if all the photos from my iPad are backed up to iCloud they are not also accessible on my phone through iCloud...at least they are not in some intuitive way. Apple, help!!!!

Mar 17, 2012 2:46 PM in response to amanda291

I'm having the same problem. Photos taken in the Camera app don't move into my Photo Stream folder and so never have the chance to sync to other devices. There's the occasional exception but I can't find a pattern. Maybe one in 30 pics goes to the stream.

There are two different issues in this thread. One is improper syncing between devices, but that's not the OP's problem nor mine. As I uderstand it, the issue in this thread is that photos in the Camera Roll don't go to the Photo Stream folder on the same device that took the photo. This has nothing to do with wifi or (probably) iCloud. This is likely an iOS issue.

Why arent photo's taken on my iPhone appearing in Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.