Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks syncing between iphone and ipad

Is there a way to keep both my iPhone and iPad books in sync between my iPhone and iPad? Just like Amazon Kindle that you can read on one device and continue where you left off on another device. Your placeholders and bookmards are constantly in sync. I'd like to be able to do that without have to connect to my MacBook. I thought this should be possible now with iCloud.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 7:33 PM

Settings -> iBooks -> sync Bookmarks/Collections -> turn both on, do this on both iPhone and ipad.

6 replies

Apr 26, 2013 7:45 PM in response to benandrew7

My new iPad mini had the iBooks, Sync Bookmarks and Sync Collections turned on by default. But my iPhone 4s did not. Snyc didn't work after I turned them on for the iPhone. But after a shutdown and restart of the phone, it worked. I also "stopped" the iBooks app on the iPad. When I relaunced iBooks on the iPhone, it asked me if I wanted to Sync with iCloud--I said Yes.

Now bookmarks show up on the iPad (I had created the bookmarks on the iPhone).

ibooks syncing between iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.