Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export slideshow does not work

I try to export a slideshow with Aperture 3.2 . After I have chosen the format and the location of the export, Aperture indicates that it is exporting (grey spinning wheel and exporting) but when I look in the activity screen by clicking on exporting, the activity status does not show any activity of progress. Even after more than an hour, there is no activity. I work with Mac Osx 10.7.1 and my Imac has 4 gig internal memory. Any one a solution to solve this problem?

Danimm

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 2:24 AM

18 replies

Oct 23, 2011 3:19 AM in response to danimm

Hello Danim,

I just ran a test again: Simple Slideshow, 4 pictures, Classic theme.

It took just 10 seconds to render.

So I think there must be something wrong with your Aperture configuration.

To narrow down the causes for trouble with Aperture - run some tests with well defined parameters:

• To exclude a corrupted Aperture library: create a test library with just a few images and try to export a screensaver. If that succeeds, then probably your library is the cause and you should try to repair or rebuild it.
  • To exclude faulty preference files: log in from another account and try to open your library as another user: If that succeeds, the Aperture preference files in your User Library are faulty, and you need to deinstall them by moving them to the Desktop.
  • If none of this helps the Aperture Application might be corrupted and you might consider to reinstall Aperture or you have a problem with the Quicktime drivers when generating the movie. If that should be the case, then you might consider to disable non-standard Quicktime add-ons (Perian, flip4mac) or perhaps try again after a safe-boot with all non-standard drivers turned off (I am not sure if Aperture will run in safe boot mode, can't try it right now).

Report back if you find a clue

Good Luck

LĂ©onie

Oct 23, 2011 8:25 AM in response to léonie

When I log in from an other account Aperture seems to work normal, also with the library which I use with my standard account. I have deleted the preference files and restarted Aperture in my standard account and Aperture still does export slideshows. Also reinstalled Apperture but still in my standard account Apperture is not exporting slideshows. Any other solutions?

Danim

Oct 23, 2011 9:04 AM in response to danimm

When I log in from an other account Aperture seems to work normal, also with the library which I use with my standard account.

That narrows the problem down to your own account, but the preferences don't seem to be the problem.

Can you create slideshows from your account from a new, small Aperture Library?

What you should try next, is to find out what the differences are between your account the one you used for testing. Have a look at the start up items in the "System Preferences -> Users and Groups" panel

and deactivate anything that you do not really need.

Alsostart the Activity monitor from "Applcations -> Utilities" and have a look at the processes that are running. Look for anything that is not running while you are logged in in the test account.

Oct 25, 2011 4:17 PM in response to danimm

I'm having this exact problem. Been using Aperture since version 1.0, now on 3.2 running an up to date install of Lion.

I've exported plenty of slideshows in the past - but not recently - now I'm trying to pipe one out and it won't go - same problem as above - things spin for a little bit, then it claims to have finished successfully, but no file appears (and it finished way too quickly - no rendering went on).

How can I disable non standard codecs? I recently installed iMovie '11, really the only major change, I wonder if something went wrong there?

Oct 29, 2011 2:02 AM in response to léonie

Can you create slideshows from your account from a new, small Aperture Library?

What you should try next, is to find out what the differences are between your account the one you used for testing. Have a look at the start up items in the "System Preferences -> Users and Groups" panel

and deactivate anything that you do not really need.

Alsostart the Activity monitor from "Applcations -> Utilities" and have a look at the processes that are running. Look for anything that is not running while you are logged in in the test account.

Small slide show will not work, deactivated everything in the start up items, still not working. In the activity monitor it is hard to see a difference.

Realy strange that with an othter account everything works normal.

Oct 29, 2011 2:35 AM in response to danimm

Hello Danim,

You seem to have covered most of the possibilities by now, without luck.

Did you check the suggestion by shuttersp33d and rt2photo by now? As I pointed out in my first post it might be a problem of Quicktime drivers.

see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3435452?answerId=16526635022#16526635022

Open your User Library from the Finder:

Finder -> Go , then hold down the alt/opt-key and select "Library"

Navigate to the Quicktime-subfolder if it exist and see if you installed some non standard quicktime drivers. Move those to the Desktop and then try again.

If you don't have a Quicktime Folder in your user library, then check the System Library:

Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder...

and enter /Library/Quicktime

and remove the 3ivx codec, if it is installed

Regards

LĂ©onie

Export slideshow does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.