Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4s bluetooth not working

I think I am not the only one. Blue tooth not working on iPhone 4s. Have tried reset network settings, no joy. Never had bluetooth problems before. Have tried connecting to iMac, Ipad, other brands of phones, nothing works.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5, Bluetooth not working

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 6:56 AM

For what purpose are you trying to pair with a computer, iPad or another phone? The iPhone does NOT support bluetooth file transfer. It never has. It supports handsfree devices, keyboards and A2DP audio streaming. Some apps can connect for peer to peer gaming, etc. Bluetooth can be used for tethering. That's pretty much it.

156 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2011 6:56 AM in response to Oppyrider

For what purpose are you trying to pair with a computer, iPad or another phone? The iPhone does NOT support bluetooth file transfer. It never has. It supports handsfree devices, keyboards and A2DP audio streaming. Some apps can connect for peer to peer gaming, etc. Bluetooth can be used for tethering. That's pretty much it.

Nov 4, 2011 8:50 AM in response to Oppyrider

I have the same issue, as do many other people I know. I called Sennheiser and they suggested I spoke to their technical expert Nigel Holland on 07919487589.

He has not returned my call yet, so if anyone else can get hold of him and get a suitable answer then please post.

I am surprised that Apple have not read these threads and solved the problem.

You would have thought 2 big companies like Apple and Sennheiser, would resolve a small issue like this!

If anyone gets a solution please post - I desperately need to listen to music on the tube!

Nov 9, 2011 4:47 AM in response to nick150

Nick spoke to who? Sennheiser? I have the 4s and it connected to all my bluetooth toys the first day. Then a few days later.......NOTHING! It can't seem to "discover" anything. Went to the Apple store and the tech was befuddled. I have a Jabra and a Plantronics. My old 3GS with iOS 5.0 still discovers and uses these bluethooth items. I have had a number of phones and this has never been an issue. Bluetooth is a BASIC funtion of any phone on the market today.

I use bluetooth a lot. And without bluetooth this product does not work for me. NO bluetooth is simply unacceptable. A new iPhone 4s without a subsidy from the phone company retails for 700-800 dollars US. Not having a working bluetooth at this price is totally unacceptable!!!!!

SO here's my solution. I'm going back to the Apple store and requesting a phone that works. If they cannot give me one, OR give me a written guarantee that this issue will be fixed in less than 30 days I will ask for a complete refund and get a ****** driod. I prefer Apple, but this is just simply ridiculous. The 4s feels like a product rushed to market before it was ready.

Nov 9, 2011 6:55 AM in response to nick150

Nick, sorry didn't work. It would have been nice for a temporary fix, but the bottom line again is that this is a HIGH END product and I should not have to try to play games, jiggle it, shake it etc to get basic features like BLUETOOTH to work! Come on APPLE, get with the program. Is this the Apple of the future without Steve Jobs??

Nov 10, 2011 3:58 PM in response to Oppyrider

Part of the problem is that Apple does not even recognize that there is a problem with Bluetooth. I called 800-MY-APPLE to notify them that I am having different issues with my bluetooth headsets/ car connectivity issues. They do not have any reported problems with the 4s. I believe that the problem is not IOS 5 related, but rather a problem due to the new bluetooth 4 protocol only found in the 4s. I asked them to open a case on the matter and suggest that every one begin calling Apple to do the same. It is not enough to go to the local genius bar but it needs to get into the hands of the technicians that can actually correct this.

IPhone 4s bluetooth not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.