Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s - HOTSPOT - WILL NOT STAY CONNECTED

I have the Iphone 4s, and I the Hotspot is extremely slow and will not stay connected.

I have all bars and a solid 3g signal but still i have to reset the thing every 25 seconds.

Please Advise.

I have reset

I have made distance

I have run out of ideas.

please apple fix this.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 2:31 AM

23 replies

Jan 19, 2012 11:50 AM in response to coalxman

I am having the same issue, but I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1. When I turn the mobile hotspot on, I can not see the phone from either my sons ipod, or my laptop. But when I go back into the Mobile Hotspot settings and the search for my iPhone from my laptop, I can see it and connect to it. After about 10 or so mintues, it will disconnect and I have to do the same thing over again to connect back.

Any ideas and how to fix?

Mar 1, 2012 5:21 PM in response to coalxman

Having the same issue here as well. Using my iPhone 4s as a wifi mobile hotspot, I can get my iPad 2 to connect for about 5-10 minutes, then the connection gets really slow or drops completely. If I turn the hotspot off and back on it starts working again for another 5-10 minutes. Staring to wish I had got an iPad with a 3G connection and never upped my data plan on my iPhone to a tethering plan. I don't mind the annoyance of connecting my iPad initially to a mobile hotspot, but when I gave to do it every 5-10 minutes, it is incredibly frustrating.

iphone 4s - HOTSPOT - WILL NOT STAY CONNECTED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.