Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi everyone!... how can i lock apps and folders on my iphone 4 running ios5 without jailbreaking?... what i need exactly is to lock a folder on the photos app and i need to lock some apps suck as facebook and sms instead locking the whole phone system!

hi everyone!... how can i lock apps and folders on my iphone 4 running ios5 without jailbreaking?... what i need exactly is to lock a folder on the photos app and i need to lock some apps suck as facebook and sms instead locking the whole phone system!

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 12:45 PM

6 replies

Dec 23, 2011 1:56 AM in response to dacp_04

I have a 3 year old son who gets to fiddle around with my phone when he is really bored, at restaurants etc. I have a few games for him which are age suitable but I also have a couple of games (shooters etc) that are age suitable to me. I do not wish for him to be able to access those. There are loads of alternatives in the "jailbroken" but I really do not wish to do that. Is there something in the EULA that says that I can not create an app with this function? It seems to me that someone would have made one otherwise? Please let me know and I will look into creating one if there are no rules being broken by password protecting individual apps.

Oct 19, 2012 1:12 AM in response to wjosten

wjosten wrote:

You can't do what you want because all apps, on a non-jailbroken iPhone, are sandboxed. Thus, only Apple could add/allow this capability.

This has nothing with 'sandboxing' to do.

It is because there is no interface (on the phone) to set the restrictions. All the Apple Apps are simply in a plist that makes them un-deletable, and there is no interface to edit that list.

Sandboxing = restrict Apps from accessing each others data!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.