Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s, keypad sound not working, volume buttom doesnt show up or down

Hello,

I have bought my iphone 4s, 32gb 2 days back and i found out that the keypad sound does not work. i have gone to the setting, sound and turned on the sound of lock and keypad. However, its not working. also, the colume buttom when i click it up or down it doesnt show the bar, actually its doesnt work it shows only the symbol of sound.

i tried to reset, restore... no results

anyone can help me with that??

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 4:07 PM

I dont know if this is the answer for you...I had a similar problem where I couldnt hear the sound of keypad, games or videos but the speakers still worked for other things.

After playing around with the phone for an hour....I found the button above the volume buttons on the side when switched, turn off and on keypad and certain audio sounds of the phone. I felt dumb...haha...hope this helps.

Andy

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2011 4:07 PM in response to mohammedalnaimi

I dont know if this is the answer for you...I had a similar problem where I couldnt hear the sound of keypad, games or videos but the speakers still worked for other things.

After playing around with the phone for an hour....I found the button above the volume buttons on the side when switched, turn off and on keypad and certain audio sounds of the phone. I felt dumb...haha...hope this helps.

Andy

Jan 12, 2012 8:20 PM in response to mohammedalnaimi

I was searching for an answer to this problem and come across this post. Has anyone gotten follow-up on this issue? I am having the exact thing happen - ringer volume specifically is zero (only symbol icon with no bars) and cannot be increased with the volume buttons along the side of the device. I was thinking it was an app I installed that is causing a bug with the latest IOS version. I have had my iPhone 4 for about 1 year with no issues, so this seems like a software thing in my opinion.

Feb 13, 2012 7:53 AM in response to mohammedalnaimi

I have having the exact same problem with my iPhone 4. The sound will work for my ringtone and texttone. But no sound for keyboard, ipod, or any games. When I try and control the volume using the side buttons, it only gives me the symbol for the ringer but no bars to move up and down. Upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 in December and everything worked perfectly until a few days ago. Any ideas??? Thanks

Feb 19, 2012 4:52 AM in response to scormane

Exactly the same has happened with mine. Was working perfectly until yesterday when I synced with iTunes and now have no keyboard or speaker sounds. Volume button doesn't show the levels unless headphones plugged in. Won't play music through speaker only headphones or is in dock. So frustrating and no idea why this has happened! If anyone has a fix I would live to hear it!!!

Feb 21, 2012 9:24 AM in response to mohammedalnaimi

I spoke with Apple and they suggested doing a restore. I did this and the sound was restored. I started installing my tweaks and programs, each time testing the sound. When I installed "Hands-Free Control" the sound issue came back. This is a tweak to allow you to control Siri without having to hold the home button. When you activate the listening option, the sound on the phone stopped working. When you turn it off, it started working again. I dont know if the rest of you are have this Cydia tweak, but that was the culprit for me.

Jun 29, 2012 2:29 AM in response to mohammedalnaimi

the problem your experiencing i have gone through already with my first iphone 4s and now the problem has started with my second one . all you can do is send it away and wait for a preplacement . its a hardware issue that a lot if the iphone 4s phones have had . take the phone back to place of purchase and request it to be sent to apple repair or ring apple and your repair options can be discussed there .

iphone 4s, keypad sound not working, volume buttom doesnt show up or down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.