Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound iPad WatchESPN app

I see via Google search that I am not alone. There is no sound when I launch the stream on the WatchESPN app. Great video, no sound. I can see the volume bar, I am on the iPad output not AirPlay (that doesn't work either), and I have checked Sound under settings. The side switch is not on mute.

I can hear music via iTunes and get sound on YouTube. What gives?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 4:22 PM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2011 4:43 PM in response to KH06

You're lucky you're getting that much. I have Frontier (which used to be Verizon FIOS) and the ESPN app doesn't work with Frontier. Plus the Skyfire Flash browser doesn't work with ESPN web page. And my Mac is non-Intel so I can't run the ESPN3 video, which uses Flash 10.3, which isn't available for PowerPC Macs.

Jan 1, 2012 9:12 AM in response to KH06

I had the same problem for my iPad 2. I spent all morning troubleshooting it with a nice lady from ESPN. Sound worked for everything but WatchESPN. I signed in with my FIOS id and linked that to an ESPN id but that didn't fix the problem.

Solution: Mute switch was ON which affects the sound in the ESPN app but not things like You Tube or Netflix.

Felt pretty dumb.

No sound iPad WatchESPN app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.