Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vendors, I noticed the price of the IPAD 2 was identical at Walmart,Best Buy, Frys, and the Apple store the sales person at The Apple Store told me the main benefit to buying the IPAD 2 from the Apple Store is that they do all the initial set up is this t

Vendors, I noticed the price of the IPAD 2 was identical at Walmart,Best Buy, Frys, and the Apple store the sales person at The Apple Store told me the main benefit to buying the IPAD 2 from the Apple Store is that they do all the initial set up of the device is this not the case for all the vendors of the IPAD2? Also as I was inside the local Apple Store they were conducting some sort of tutorial on the use of the IPAD 2( at least 40 persons in attendance) is this free?

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 10:44 AM

4 replies

Nov 6, 2011 11:11 AM in response to fernandofromroseville

There are no vendors on this site - just other users helping each other solve issues ..... but to answer your questions.....

Those instructional workshops are free to attend. This is copied from the information website at one of the Apple Stores in Pittsburgh, PA

Take a workshop. On the house.

Learn something new by taking a free workshop at an Apple Retail Store. Our workshops are taught by people passionate and knowledgeable about Apple products and eager to share their knowledge with you. Sign up in advance or drop in. You’ll have a great time, learn new skills, and pick up loads of tips.

If the price is the same everywhere that you have looked - I would suggest purchasing wherever you feel most comfortable. I think you might be answering your own question though when you ask if the workshops are free. You are not going to get the type of instruction - if you get any at all - from a reseller like you will get at an Apple Store. The Apple Store will set the device up for you if you want them to do so.

Nov 6, 2011 11:39 AM in response to rayfromraleigh

Copied from my post above .....

"Those instructional workshops are free to attend. This is copied from the information website at one of the Apple Stores in Pittsburgh, PA

Take a workshop. On the house.

Learn something new by taking a free workshop at an Apple Retail Store. Our workshops are taught by people passionate and knowledgeable about Apple products and eager to share their knowledge with you. Sign up in advance or drop in. You’ll have a great time, learn new skills, and pick up loads of tips."

😉

Vendors, I noticed the price of the IPAD 2 was identical at Walmart,Best Buy, Frys, and the Apple store the sales person at The Apple Store told me the main benefit to buying the IPAD 2 from the Apple Store is that they do all the initial set up is this t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.