Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats By Dr. Dre Studio iPhone 4 problem

Hi,

I recently bought a pair of beats by dr. dre studio headphones to listen to music on my iPhone 4 but I'm having some problems:

The isonitalk (play/pause button) doesn't work and for some reason randomly adjusts the volume but I have tryed these headphones on my fathers HTC and the headphones work perfectly including the play/pause button.

My iPhone is running IOS 5.0

anyhelp?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, Beats By Dr Dre Studio

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 1:54 PM

39 replies

Nov 12, 2011 8:12 AM in response to Dillonski

I am having the same issue. I just got my headphones and am using them on a trip. The Play/Pause button does not work and the volume moves up and down randomly. The headphones work on my MAC with no issues and my sons iPod Touch just not the iPhone 4 running IOS 5. I am hoping the update to the IOS 5 will be helpful to this issue or else no real reason to have these headphones.

Nov 29, 2011 8:43 AM in response to Dillonski

I got the same problem! I tried my headphones on 2 ip4 with jailbreak and 1 ip4 without jailbreak, my headphones can ONLY listen to songs (ipod). The control does not work at all, hence cannot make phone calls using my headphones. Once the phone is dialing / connecting to a call, I got some weird noise from the headphone (even the other party can hear the noise)

I tried the same headphonw on 2 ip4s, 1 ip4 with jailbreak and ip4 without jailbreak (iOS5), it works fine on listens songs / phone calls.

I really don't know what's wrong and how to resolve the issue.

Dec 2, 2011 5:16 AM in response to Dillonski

I am surprised that i'm not allone. I had already changed the cable by support and it did not help.
The Beats work with the iphone 3GS form my son with old firmware without problems.

I can start and stopp music or take calls and end them.

Not the same with the iPhone 4 ! I can not take call or start music or stopp it and i mostly get the anoing noise every second. I have a stock iphone 4 with latest firmware.

What i found out is, that it works with the icontroll cable (the one you get with the Solo), thats why i thought the cable is broken.

Also sometimes when you just hold the button on the cable long enough, the noice stopps. But at every replug of the Beats it starts again. You can check that with the inbuilt microphone app.

So it might have to do with the latest firmware or with the iphone 4 in generall. Does someone have a 3GS with latest firmware to test it ?

To change soemthing in the settings did not make a difference for me.

Apple you need to investigate !

Dec 12, 2011 2:47 PM in response to Dillonski

Same problem here. I was checking out these headphones at the airport yesterday on my 4 with 5.0.1 and the call quality was horrible. There was a weird clicking sound and the person I was calling could not hear me. We tried a two different headsets and cables, same problem. I tested them out on the sales reps Droid and they worked fine, so the problem was definitely isolated to the phone.

Dec 13, 2011 1:07 AM in response to Dillonski

I have to add that it is not just the iPhone 4 but also my iPad 1 which does not work with the Beats as it should.

Maybe it is the IOS 5 which anyway makes a lot of trouble since day one especially on the iPad.

There are more threads about this issues and i was contacting Apple support about it. They took note but i assume they just ignore it and think Monster should do something.

But i have to say again, that it works fine on my son's 3GS with IOS 4, so from my point of view its Apples fault as they might have changed something in IOS5 which creates the problems with the isonitalk cable of the studios.

I have no issues either with the Solo and the red remote controll cable and its not a broken cable as it got changed already.

Dec 13, 2011 6:51 AM in response to Dillonski

I received some Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High Definition headphones this morning and am having problems with the Isonitalk cable / switch too.

For all intents and purposes, pressing the button seems to get random results - temporary lowering of the volume, start / stop / skip tracks. It doesn't do much of what it's supposed to. I figured I had a faulty cable and took the whole lot back to the shop.

The shop asistant was able to demonstrate that my cable worked fine with his iPhone 4S, but trying several new cables on my iPhone 4 failed to solve my problem. Therefore it's something specific to the phone. And my partner's phone, and seemingly you guys too!

Monster's customer support here in the UK insist that the headphones ARE compatible with the iPhone 4 and don't stipulate firmware / IOS versions, so everything points to an IOS 5 bug.

I'm trying to use mine with iPhone 4, IOS 5.0.1.

I'm cheesed off at this moment in time, as the headphones were my Birthday present 😟

Beats By Dr. Dre Studio iPhone 4 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.