Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cases taking "foggy photos" with flash?

There is a speculation that certain iPhone cases cause "foggy photos" that have a haze over them when using flash. I just got the white 4S and am looking for a simple, not too bulky case that will avoid this problem. Any suggestions on a case? Keep in mind that I am a girl and am not too attracted by bulky superior drop protection cases such as the Otterbox series lol.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 11:54 AM

It's no speculation - it is the case. Just proved it with my wife's white case. We both have iPhones and my case is a teal blue that I bought at Five Below for $5. It's a great case. My advice: open the package, put the case on your camera and take a flash photo. If it's at all foggy, don't get the case. The only other option is to always take your case off when you take a flash photo, but that's not very convenient. If you take the case off your iPhone, take a flash photo and it's foggy, then I'd return it to the Apple Store. Otherwise, replace your case.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2011 11:54 AM in response to lillychoi

It's no speculation - it is the case. Just proved it with my wife's white case. We both have iPhones and my case is a teal blue that I bought at Five Below for $5. It's a great case. My advice: open the package, put the case on your camera and take a flash photo. If it's at all foggy, don't get the case. The only other option is to always take your case off when you take a flash photo, but that's not very convenient. If you take the case off your iPhone, take a flash photo and it's foggy, then I'd return it to the Apple Store. Otherwise, replace your case.

iPhone cases taking "foggy photos" with flash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.