Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says disk space full, but when connected to a computer it says there is 77MB of space remaining

iPhone says disk space full, but when connected to a computer it says there is 77MB of space remaining. It won't allow me to download apps, music or take photos. I don't have a lot of stuff on my iPhone - only 40 photos and some music but not that much.

Message was edited by: alison258

iPhone 3G

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 2:31 PM

10 replies

Nov 15, 2011 2:37 PM in response to stedman1

I'm just trying to take photos. I don't have that much stuff stored on my phone. My computer says there is still 77MB of space free. Will that not even allow me to take 1 photo?

The message comes up whenever I try to take a photo, download an app or download music. It says 'there is not enough disk space to continue taking photos. Make room by deleting existing videos or photos'. I have just deleted three videos and it is still coming up with that message when I try to take a photo.

Nov 15, 2011 2:56 PM in response to stedman1

I'm having real problems with iTunes now. I am using a different computer so had to download iTunes to this computer. It wouldn't let me sync unless I downloaded all my music onto this computer and erased my other iTunes library. It now seems to deleted all of my music! It is not in this iTunes library on this computer or on my phone!!

Nov 15, 2011 3:04 PM in response to alison258

alison258 wrote:

I'm having real problems with iTunes now. I am using a different computer so had to download iTunes to this computer. It wouldn't let me sync unless I downloaded all my music onto this computer and erased my other iTunes library. It now seems to deleted all of my music! It is not in this iTunes library on this computer or on my phone!!

Unfortunately, it sounds like you did not read the messages carefully enough. You can only sync an iPhone to one iTunes library at a time. Setting it up to sync with a different computer will erase the content of the phone and replace it with what's in the library you're attempting to sync to. Nothing in the sync process can erase the music from the iTunes library on the computer. It must still be there. If you can't find it, restore it from your backup.

iPhone says disk space full, but when connected to a computer it says there is 77MB of space remaining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.