Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Hard Reset Not Working

I have an iPhone 4, which as of this morning was functioning fine one moment and dead the next. I have tried a hard reset to restore the phone to no avail. Does anyone have any additional suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 12:32 PM

Is this what you did?... press the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

If so and still a problem, connect to iTunes and see what happens. You may ned Recovery Mode.

7 replies

Nov 17, 2011 9:57 PM in response to dphdiver

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately I've tried multiple hard resets (i.e. holding both the power and home buttons simultaneously), as well as recovery mode. I've also ensured the phone has had an opportunity to charge, although it had a full charge prior to my issues. Under any scenario the phone is unresponsive.

Somewhere I read a few others had their phone lock up and die (black screen, no response) when using iTunes via their phone, which was the last thing I had done prior (as in 20 mins) to it not working. Don't recall a workable solution but I'm all ears.

iPhone Hard Reset Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.