Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 keeps 'searching' for network then connecting again every thirty seconds.

Has anyone experienced this? Ive restored multiple times. Ive removed the sim card. Ive spent an hour on the phone with att so they can tell me to turn it off and back on twice, then say its not their problem its apple's.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 8:45 AM

10 replies

Nov 22, 2011 9:46 AM in response to geech2010

iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 This has been going on for 2 days now. Funny thing is that this phone is only 2 days old, replacement under warranty. ATT store reset network, replaced sim card, followed all Apple's sugesstions to fix.

It goes from service to searching, reception drops, and just keeps cycling like this. It also keeps randomly losing my phone number and MMS won't work. I've enetered my number 10 times today alone. Apple support had me restore and set up the phone as a new phone. I've done everything that can be done. It's still going on. The hardware is only 2 days old, ATT did all they could, and EVERYTHING started AFTER ios 5.0.1!!

Nov 24, 2011 10:50 PM in response to geech2010

I have had this same problem for days, my iphone 4 says searching then no signal then I have almost full signal or full signal on 3G...but then about 30 seconds later it freaks out and goes back to searching. I have tried everything, I had the problem with my iphone 4 earlier this month also and im in vegas now and just went to an apple store which just replaced it because this is the 3rd time in the last 2 months that Ive encountered this searching-no signal-signal problem, it worked fine for about 4 hours and then now for about a day with the new iphone 4 they gave me im still having problems so Ive restored it multiple times from backups, synced it as a new phone and done hard resets, still its not fixed. Also this morning my mom has been having the same problem with her iphone 4 and it has been doing the same thing as mine all day, its not our account or anything like that so whats going on?! im thinking its either at&t messing with the network or something is very wrong with ios5, pleeeeaaaaassseee someone fix this annoying problem that is causing me to lose contact with everyone!!!!!😠

My iPhone 4 keeps 'searching' for network then connecting again every thirty seconds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.