Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working with Linksys e4200, when attempting to mirror IPAD2 to AppleTV 2, causes all wireless connections to bounce.

New router (Linksys e4200) installed, new AppleTV (2). Everything works but mirroring Ipad2 to TV. Could share laptop (stream movies from pc with itunes) and AppleTV worked fine. However, when attempting to activate Airplay to mirror Ipad2, all wifi connections drop (even to unrelated laptops). Found references to channel conflicts with neighbors, and changed router to use unique channels (must change to 'manual' config in router wireless settings), but did not help.

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.0.1, Ipad2 mirroring

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 6:15 AM

Online chat with Cisco (Linksys) got no where, but calling their 800 number a technician had me change the SSID names of the two 'N' Wifi frequencies the router uses (5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz) to be different from each other. As soon as I made this change (under Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Manual config) mirroring worked...

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2011 6:15 AM in response to brianofTX

Online chat with Cisco (Linksys) got no where, but calling their 800 number a technician had me change the SSID names of the two 'N' Wifi frequencies the router uses (5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz) to be different from each other. As soon as I made this change (under Wireless -> Basic Settings -> Manual config) mirroring worked...

Mar 19, 2012 7:13 PM in response to brianofTX

Hey Everyone!!! BINGO!

I just got off the phone with Linksys tier 2 tech support and I finally have a work around that is different from what everyone else has been doing and ostensibly we don't have to sacrifice anything.

Applications & Gaming -> QoS -> WMM -> ENABLE IT

Administration -> Management -> CTF -> DISABLE IT

I'm on 1.0.04 version of the firmware and everything works like a charm!!!!!

Yahoo!!! Thank you Julie from Cisco.

Mar 19, 2012 7:29 PM in response to canadamg

Nice to hear you have fixed it.

But unfortunately this trick won't work with E4200v2, it doesn't have CTF at all.

I have disabled all possible features (SIP, traffic management, etc.), but router keeps rebooting every time I try to use AirPlay.

That's a shame for Cisco, wondering if they ever going to fix this stupid bug.

Airplay not working with Linksys e4200, when attempting to mirror IPAD2 to AppleTV 2, causes all wireless connections to bounce.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.