Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S screen freezes after calls

My iPhone 4S has been giving me problems this past week after I make a call I won't be able to hang up or tap anything on the screen with a response I can tap the end call button and nothing with happen unless I press the lock button twice to hang up the call than again to lock the screen than slide to unlock than my iPhone will work fine. This is quite irritating! Is there any fix to this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:46 PM

54 replies

Dec 18, 2011 1:23 PM in response to Chuckb24

Me too!! I just got my iphone less then 2 weeks ago.. it just started to happen within the last 2 days. After a call it just keeps saying call ending.... at first i would just keep restarting my phone.. but now i am just closing the app fully/airplane mode.. whats going on with it! ?

And... to make things worse.. my phone right now keeps switching networks..(from solo mobile to bell mobility)I don't understand why .. i can't even make phone calls anymore or receive any as of this morning.. help!

Dec 20, 2011 8:56 PM in response to Chuckb24

exact same issue...

My dads UNLOCKED iphone 4s, used for maybe a month, this happened 2ice alrdy

got the phone replaced and it happened again...

to top it all off my UNLOCKED Iphone 4 froze up while making calls 2ice also

both times i had to do a restore....

Symptoms are the exact same: Freezes up when making a call, the call goes through but the other party cant hear you speak, then when you try to end call it won;t clear the screen even if you press the top button and open it up again. Only way to get rid of it is quit the app at the bottom. But from that point on the phone will have the issue reoccur every time you try to make another call, oh and texts donlt work either

cmon apple this kind of stuff can;t be happening

super frustrating and annoying

Dec 28, 2011 11:41 AM in response to Chuckb24

same here, iphone 4s, 2 months old. was working fine until the 20th of december, after that it freezes while calling, can not hang up call, the call does not connect at all. also, it can not send sms, since it freezes when pushing the send button. tried restore, with the old backup and also with as a brand new phone, not using the backup, it did not help, the problem appeared again after a few days. hungary, T-mobile.

it is really frustrating, you are right.

Jan 5, 2012 12:17 AM in response to Chuckb24

My wife's iphone4S was also having this same problem. i tried restoring it into factory setting. phone works alright for some days and again the problem appears. i've done restoring for 2 times so i knew it was not the solution. so, this time i restored it into factory setting once again (for the 3rd time) and this time i didn't restore from backup. i started using it as a new iphone. since then i'm not having this problem. hopefully the freeze problem is solved. old backup was from 3gs so may be somethings not working properly if u restore from backup.

iPhone 4S screen freezes after calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.