Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone wont turn on at all

I tried holding down the sleep button and home button and that did not work also will not charge to wall plug or ihome dock. please help do i need to replace battery or what?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 4:14 PM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2011 10:22 PM in response to kristifrommansfield

Connect your iPhone to a power source, preferably a wall adapted. Then hold your Home and Slepp/Wake button continuesly until you see an Apple logo (if nothing happens after 35 seconds, connect to iTunes on your computer and again, hold your Home and Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple logo)

By connecting it to a wall adapter, you can use any iPhone without a battery, I have done this. It's used to determin battery health and for factory building or other changes. So if it does work, wait for it to load your Home Screen, then un-connect it. If it remains On, good. If it turns Off, you need a new battery.

In any case, I recomend taking to an Apple Store if you can, they can tell you what the problem is and fix it (at a cost if out of warrenty).

My iphone wont turn on at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.