Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ford Sync and my Iphone4s are having issues. When I receive a call, it goes into privacy mode. I have searched ford's site. But still no answers. Any suggestions?

Ford Sync and my iphone4s are having one major issue. When I receive a call, it goes into privacy mode. I have been on Ford's web site and no one knows the answer. It is just when I receive calls. What to do? I have used a Blackberry Storm 2 in this same vehicle and no problems.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 6:20 PM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2012 8:14 AM in response to daphnefromgilmer

Thanks for the quick resonse Kilted Tim. Are you from Scotland? My wife is.

I decided to try to do two things this morning to resolve this privacy problem. The first is, I restored my wife;s phone from itunes--in spite of the fact that the Apple tech at the Genius Bar in Tampa said that reloading the firmware is not the problem and it must be Ford. This took about 15 minutes to download, restore and verify. One must resist the temptation to disconnect the phone because I had a popup by the system tray ( I'm using Win7) that said I can now use the phone but itunes was still doing stuff so I just let it do it's thing until it (itunes) told me to use the phone. Went down to the car and my privacy issue is resolved.

I also went to syncmyride to download the version checker. A word of advice this does not work well if at all on google Chrome. I went to Explorer and it worked fine. I was on a chat line about a week ago and was told that google Chrome will work with syncmyride.com. So much for their knowledge.

Ford Sync and my Iphone4s are having issues. When I receive a call, it goes into privacy mode. I have searched ford's site. But still no answers. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.