Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iphone 4s unlocked can use T-mobile 4G data plan

I just gor iphone 4s factory unlocked and i went to T-mobile store and got sim and data plan

but it's 4g plan so when i use it

it can't work in the left top side they always show T-mobile -- E

I'm not American but i'm in America

why it didn't show 4G or 3G

Thank for helping and sorry about my language

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 9:34 PM

3 replies

Nov 30, 2011 9:49 PM in response to Sanhawat

the iPhone is not a 4G device, it's a 3G device however, on T-Mobile it's only a 2G device because the iPhone is not compatible with T-Mobile 3G network.

ie: iPhone on T-mobile USA will only ever work as a 2G device "E" until the hardware is upgraded to support T-Mobile 3G frequencies. There is nothing you can do or change that will make your iPhone operate on T-mobile's 3G or 4G network.

Nov 30, 2011 10:10 PM in response to Sanhawat

No.

The iPhone on T-Mobile will only operate at 2G speeds due to hardware incompatibility. The iPhone does not operate on T-Mobile frequencies for 3G speeds, it operates on AT&T frequencies which are different than T-Mo. So the only speed you will ever get with an iPhone on T-Mobile USA is 2G speeds. This is not something that can be fixed either (well, not by you as it will take a new iPhone from Apple to 'fix' it).

Is iphone 4s unlocked can use T-mobile 4G data plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.