Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 got wet, won't turn on after 2 days

So I purchased my iPhone 4 about 2-3 months ago through a loyalty program with Bell, and One way or another, it ended up getting wet. I had previously read to submerge it in either rice, or silica gel, which I luckily had on hand. After the specified 24-48 hour timeline, I decided to plug it in as if it were charging into the wall outlet. After about 5 minutes, it viberated twice (as if to say it were charging), and no screen came up. No Apple Logo, nothing. Then I decided to leave it for another few minutes to see if it was just being slow. Nothing happened except the phone was a little warm. (-Should I be worried about this?) I unplugged the phone, and placed it back in the rice over night.

This morning, I thought/hoped/prayed that it would be dry enough to make the screen work, so I plugged it into my MacBook Pro, and iTunes opened up, but didn't detect an attached iPhone. I'm worried now. I've placed it back in the rice yet again. Hoping for the absolute best, but expecting the worst. This has never happened to me before. Do I take it into Bell, where I got it? Do I take it into Apple? I hope this isn't the case at all, ant it's just still not ready to turn on.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 6:05 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4 got wet, won't turn on after 2 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.