Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The eBay app has quit working.

I have been using it fine on my 4S 32gb iPhone for a month without any hassels. Now tonight when I want to get on to shop or list my items, when I try to sign in it takes about 30 seconds then it says network error, timed out, please check your network connection error N1. I am on wifi when I try this on my home network, no other computers having problems. Also I should note, even not signed into eBay, I am still getting push notifications when someone bids on my items. I can sign into eBay if I go to safari, but that is not a very good look for what I am trying to do, and as I stated, the app is what I have been using for over 1 month with no problems.

I have turned phone on and off, I have closed all apps memory. Any help is appreciated, Thank you. LJ

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:49 PM

Delete the app and reinstall it.

15 replies

Dec 11, 2011 6:13 PM in response to deggie

You know, that is exactly word for word what I said to him. I put it like this, So, you are telling me that a 55 billion dollar company is not to blame, and a trillion dollar company is to blame, so let me get this straight, you as in eBay, have nothing to do with this app, he answered yes, I said goodbye.

I have not made any changes to my iphone. It is less than 2 months old on at&t network. I will give it some time, but I will talk to apple store as they are more into service and would at least have a better answer even if they can not fix it. Thanks for the responce.

Dec 11, 2011 6:20 PM in response to LJoky

eBay created the app and distributes it on the app store. I would wait until the morning and see if it works again before trekking to the Apple Store and see if it works again. Mine is hanging at login which indicates it has reaced eBay's server which is not responding. I did try a Reset, I have no clue of anything Apple could do to help you.

Dec 11, 2011 6:55 PM in response to zeethiss

IOS version has nothing to do with this ebay app not working issue. I'm still on 4.3 with my iphone 4 because of the huge world wide iOS 5, 5.0.1 battery screw up from apple. So blaming apple , although usually true in most cases in this particular case is wrong.

It's an 100% eBay mobile screw up. These are the same folks that already issued a few updates that amazingly took away the advantages and features ( like favorites) from prior sucessful versions by accident forcing big fixes later.

Talk about an incompetent app crew, they dont even know what a beta test is, kinda like the way apple is going of late.

The eBay app has quit working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.