Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Touch Wont Let Me Press Free Button In App Store To Download Game

Please Help !!!

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 7:05 AM

34 replies

Dec 17, 2011 8:15 AM in response to yoipodproblem

I'm having the same problem with my iPod T 1st generation. It's not a wireless network problem (is working with other iPod & iPad) and, even after restoring the iPod T the problem persists.

Also individual apps page don't load completely (the preview images don't appear). I can access the lower buttons (Tell A Friend + App Support), but when touching the free/price uppor button... nothing happens. 😢

@yoipodproblem — Did you find any way to work this out?

Dec 17, 2011 11:09 AM in response to mjval

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. My device is an original iPhone with iOS 3.1.3. In the App Store on my iPhone, neither the "Free" buttons nor the other buttons to purchase a non-free app seem to work. Also, it seems like below the description of the app, where the screen shots are, you can usually scroll to the right to see more screenshots -- this seems to be broken, too.

I'm wondering if there has been an update to the application, and it no longer works with the older iOSes? Unfortunately, as far as I know, iOS 3.1.3 is the latest version that will work on the original iPhone.

Dec 17, 2011 11:22 AM in response to luvlabs

No, it is not an iOS version/compatibilty issue.

If an app is not compatible with the current device iOS version number, a message appears "This app requires at least iOS XXX version".

Now, no message appears, and the problem occurs with any app - you can't download an app, even if it requires 3.0 iOS and your device has 3.1.3/etc.

Dec 17, 2011 12:02 PM in response to laurie_lynne

Yes, it does the same thing, I tap the Free button to try and install an app and nothing happens.

I am not sure if the problem is from today though - I have not tried installing new apps for a few days, might be a problem that started yesterday.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there is also a problem with apps screenshots - you can't view all of them for some reason, I think it is related to the other problem.

Dec 17, 2011 1:16 PM in response to umam1

Umam1 - What iOS is on your device? Which device (iPhone, iTouch, iPad)? I called Apple support, a few minutes ago, and their advice was to wait a few hours and see if it's fixed. (I don't know if that means they're working on it or not.)

Also, I just sent a message through their "Express Lane" to try to get some help, and I put a link to this discussion in it.

Dec 17, 2011 8:37 PM in response to mjval

Yes I Am Also Having Same Problems Guyz I Got An iPod Touch 2nd Gen 3.1.3 And Still it Doesnt Let Me CLick The Free Button Or the Pictures Under Dont Seem To Load....

I cant Connect To Comp Caz It Pops Up Saying One Of The USB has Multifunctiond And Windows Doessnt Recognize it i Tried Brand New Apple USB 2.0 Still It Said One Of The USB has Multifunctiond And Windows Doessnt Recognize it... If ANyone Can Help In This Problem..........

My iPod Touch Wont Let Me Press Free Button In App Store To Download Game

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.