Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change to single click to open files and folders?

How do you change from double clicking a file/folder, to single clicking (web style)?

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 8:23 AM

Assuming you are using a mouse (not a Magic Trackpad) look in the mouse's prefences. You can find them in System Preferences - Mouse

8 replies

Dec 20, 2011 1:00 PM in response to intiside

HI intiside,

1st, you need 2-button mouse - and since it'll be NOT Apple one, you'll just use the Mouse software to set the single click.

For exampe, I'm using Logitech AND Microsoft Explorer mice & using the 'Microsoft Mouse' for the Explorer and 'USB Overdrive' (aftermarket software) for Logitech mouse...

Jan 13, 2012 2:21 PM in response to noondaywitch

Oh no, no, no... that would be too easy. I've already checked that setting. Actually it turned out to be the mouse click speed on the Magic Mouse. I had the double click speed to the very slowest, but when I turned it up to the very fastest, now the files don't spring open. Of course, I can't click fast enough at that setting to get the file open, but I'll have to fiddle with the setting to get it right... Thanks for your response.

How do you change to single click to open files and folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.