Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4s - usage and standby time are the same

Hi,

I'm using iphone 4S white 16gb and just get it from apple store malaysia. The problem is, the battery is draining to fast and althought i already kill all running apps before sleep,the usage and standby time are always the same.i charged my battery until 100% at 12.00am and wake up at 7.00am the battery already drain until 80% althought i did'nt use it. i have to charged my iphone everyday and it *****.

I already google it and done this step

1.unistall all apps that i downloads from apple store

2.reset all settings

3.hard reset and now charging my iphone to 100% to wait for the result

is there is any other fix for this?..please assist

thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 9:45 PM

6 replies

Apr 12, 2012 1:51 AM in response to gendit

I have the same problem and is **** frustrated over it. i changed 2 iphone 4s and the problem still persists. Today i made a bold move and remove a lot of unused apps. To my surprise, the usage time and standby time starts to differ. This shows that there is/are apps running behind the apple knowledge even though i have closed all apps and reset to original settings many many times ( i suspect it's the use of 3G/Wifi network that's draining the battery). i urge Apple to scrutinize the apps store to ensure everything is in order, as i choose iphone over Samsung Galaxy SII because of it's reputation as a reliable company over security, ease of use, etc.

Apr 19, 2012 5:35 AM in response to fatty apple

Hi,

I here to tell that,my battery problem since i buy the iphone 4s are gone after the IOS 5.1 update. I don't know what the problem with yours,maybe hardware or somethings else.

before this, my standy and usage time are the same and battery are draining very hyper fast.It last only 8-9 hours without heavy usage and much more faster with heavy usage. I done from restoring,reinstall the IOS also hard and soft reset still the same. After IOS 5.1 is out,all the problem regarding the battery are gone and my phone can last 3 days with normal usage.

Happy 😀

IPhone 4s - usage and standby time are the same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.