Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4s keeps losing wifi. When I am connected to wifi it will drop signal. It still shows wifi, but I can't access webpages or any internet features. Help me!

My Iphone 4s keeps losing wifi signal at home. My phone will still show wifi connectivity, but I will be unable to access any webpages or internet services. The only way to get it back is to restart the phone. Turning on/off wifi or putting airplane mode on/off does not work. I am concerned that I got a "lemon" of a phone. Any ideas or help?

-Paul

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 5:06 PM

6 replies

Jan 16, 2012 7:45 PM in response to paulpleiss

If wifi ok, try to do the followings steps, those helps me to save the battery. Try it.

1. Go to Settiings / General / Siri / turn off Raise to speak and then reboot.

(A sensor upper the earphone is continuing on even if you turn it off, YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR IPHONE AFTER THAT.)

I think that it is the major problem about battery drain.

2. Go to Settings / Location Services / System Services / Turn off Setting Time Zone

3. Go to Settings / Notifications / Turn off Calendar, weather, stock or move them to Not in Notification Center

(calendar may be not need but I don't use this function, so I turn it off.) (Weather and stock always runs GPS or internet to update the states.)

4. Click weather and turn off local weather. Set your area in the weather list. If using local weather, it always run the GPS.

my iphone 4s keeps losing wifi. When I am connected to wifi it will drop signal. It still shows wifi, but I can't access webpages or any internet features. Help me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.