Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone says it's full but it's not!

Today my iPhone started reporting that it is full. So I did a sync and iTunes reports that I have 5.7 GB free. This may be an iCloud issue but who knows? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 3:14 PM

9 replies

Jan 25, 2012 11:06 PM in response to grok12

But thanks for calling me whiny, that was very constuctive.

More constructive than your whining about the quality of support in this all volunteer, user-to-user site. It sure makes sense to insult the very people volunteering to help you, when you don't even comply with their request for the info needed to help. You assume too much.

I'll assume that your steadfast refusal to answer whether your phone was JB or hacked, suggests that it is. That explains your problem and means that no support can be given here. And.... I'm outta here! Best of luck.

Jan 26, 2012 4:21 PM in response to grok12

I was able to solve my problem. I did it by:

1. Backing up to iCloud
  2. Wiping my iPhone clean
  3. Restoring my iPhone from iCloud

You can see the details here http://heresthethingblog.com/2011/10/18/restore-iphone-ipad-icloud-backup/

Now my iPhone is mostly free space.

But take care because step two resets your phone to the same way it came from the factory so make sure that you can get it restored. I suggest trying it out first by skipping step 2 and if that works then go ahead and do all three steps. Alternately you might also do a backup to iTunes on your mac.

Realize that step 3 can take a long time if you have a lot of apps. So block off sufficient time or else leave your iPhone home while it finishes.

Good luck.

Jul 12, 2012 2:08 PM in response to grok12

I had the same problem this is how I fixed it.

On the iphone there is an icon with a sunflower that says Photos, click on it.

Inside this folder there are albums Camera roll and Photo stream

Camera roll is the one you usually see when you open your photos.

However apparently photo steam keeps these photos after you delete them, or either itunes has synced them there.

It doesn't let you delete them from there.

So connect your phone to a computer and open itunes

Click on your iphone device

Click on photos at the top.

There could be another way, but to delete those photos from my phone I unchecked the sync button at the top and then clicked the apply button at the bottom.

The photos from photo stream are now deleted and my space has opened up.

My iPhone says it's full but it's not!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.