Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a lock symbol at top of my phone and I cannot turn the phone sideways on the screen so I believe I have somehow locked the screen so it won't flip sideways. I cannot figure out how to unlock?

There is a lock symbol at top of my iPhone and I cannot flip the phone screen sideways. I believe the two are connected but cannot find how to unlock so when I flip the phone sideways I view the screen the same way. Does anyone know if the two are connected and how to unlock?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 9:26 PM

See here:

https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/locking-o rientation

(Note that my links to other pages may promote my organization, and this should not be taken as an endorsement by Apple)

5 replies

There is a lock symbol at top of my phone and I cannot turn the phone sideways on the screen so I believe I have somehow locked the screen so it won't flip sideways. I cannot figure out how to unlock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.