Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access Time Capsule disk from iOS device (iPad, iPhone)

My intended goal is to use Time Capsule disk as cloud replacement for MobileMe iDisk which is being discontinued in June.

I've done Time Capsule 7.6.1 update with iCloud support, entered my iCloud account settings, and authorized disk access via WAN. Everything appears to be configured properly as I can access my Time Capsule disk on Mac computers from outside my home network. How do I access this disk on iPhone and iPad?

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 3:19 AM

Just use GoodReader.

Then go to Local Servers (via Wifi) and click.

...easy.

6 replies

Jul 28, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Little Cinema

I use FileBrowser app. It works. Their latest version is much easier to configure than earlier versions. You need to turn file sharing on and SMB on your time capsule disk.

I use the time capsule disk to store a few files which I never want to be on my iPhone or iPad, but do want access to them. They are not backed up on the time capsule but since they also exist on my Mac, they are backed up from there.

Access Time Capsule disk from iOS device (iPad, iPhone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.