Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Configuration Utility gives an error

Hello Everyone,

I created a configuration profile for an iPad but everytime I press the "Install" button it gives me an error message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Cert"

It is my irst time I am trying to use this utility and I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what? I left almost everything unchanged on the new configuration profile, so this means that I haven't put anything that requires certification or passwor or something like this.

The iPad is completely new.

Thank you very much for your help

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 7:25 AM

9 replies

Feb 3, 2012 12:59 AM in response to Bonesaw1962

Well I am sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I unpacked the new iPad 2 3G and I connected it on my computer. Before that I created a new configuration profile and the only thing I changed is the General category. All the others are stayed with the default values and not expanded.

So, after the iPad connection with my PC, I click on the new device and on the right side of the window I select the "Configuration Profiles" tab. Of course I select the new profile and I press "Install" . Immediately I get the error message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Cert" .

Feb 5, 2012 6:53 AM in response to Christost

I have had this happen and determined it was missing information in one area.

However, It looks like you have critiqued the general area and nothing is missing.

Review your profile or try making another one.

You could also try shutting off the iPad and restarting.

If you have a password, make sure you login and open the iPad.

Then try attaching the device again.

I have seen this happen and the iPad I was working on was in some state and the profile would not apply.

I am not sure if this will fix your issue but worth a try.

H.

Jan 14, 2013 2:53 PM in response to Steve Jones9

I am having the excact same issue.

I have tried only openning the basics, still no joy.

If I try to send the profile via email, it installs but not properly, by this I mean that the restrictions I am setting it is not enforcing.

Has anyone had anyluck with gettin iPCU to as it is supposed to?

Should I be considering setting up a VR Desktop with Lion OS to run Apple Configurator instead?

Iphone Configuration Utility gives an error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.