Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power/sleep button broken i need to get it into DFU mode.

Hi all i dropped my Iphone 3GS today and sadly the power/sleep button just stopped working but i really need to put it into DFU mode so i can restore the device and update the device i was wondering if there was any other way, also i have no time to go into a apple store as i am it college and work and i can't really afford to repleace this phone, if i coulf get it into DFU mode then i would be fine unto i get a new job 🙂

Thanks in Advance.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 4:30 PM

9 replies

Feb 2, 2012 4:45 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Hmm now that's the problem my phone will not activevate ever since i upadted to IOS5, that is why i wanted to restore to see if that fixes the problem, kinda annoying.

Plus i really do not have time to visit my nearest apple store which is almost 100odd miles away as my college times are within the apple open and close times, which is also annoying.

Feb 3, 2012 1:04 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Yes i had the phone for 1 and a half years now. and no the sim thing is when i updated to IOS5.0.1 i have read about it and it has happend to quite a few people when there updated to the IOS5 or 5.0.1, 5.1 is meant to fix this issue so i heard.

I tried the sim in a friends phone Iphone 3G, activates fine, I been down to my local orange shop there said there seen a few problems like this and it is due to the IOS5 or 5.0.1 there tried over 20 sims and managed to get one to work i think it is because of the basebind update, but anyway i have took my phone into a local repair shop and there are repairing it for me and wow there have good prices there can repair it for £30 and it be ready first thing in the morning, apple said there can repair it for £80 and it could take upto 3 weeks so i need my phone for tommorow so i took it into the repair shop and it is alot cheaper.

And @stevejobsfan0123 I just looked at your products and i must say wow i did not know one person could own so many apple products 🙂.

Thanks for all your help though 🙂.

Power/sleep button broken i need to get it into DFU mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.