Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 has dropped in water

hey guys please help me..my little son he dropped my phone into water ...then i took my phone in shop to remove water and fix my phone

but they answer it ur phone had totally dead ..and u can not use it more..ur iphone 4 motherboard and some IC got damaged,,iam very upset

i hear that apple can replace water damaged phone in 200 dollar..but the probleam is iam living in kuwait and in kuwait how can i contact with

apple store here to show them my phone or could replace .if apple store are not available in kuwait then how can i get replace from apple

pls friends reply me ..waiting for ur responce...........

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 3:23 PM

If someone else has already opened the phone, there is a very real chance that even if you can get it to an Apple Store, they won't touch it. I'm not saying the definitely will not replace it, I'm just saying there is a chance they won't.

It needs to be serviced in the country where it originated. You will have to either physically take it there or send it to somone you trust there so that they can take it in to the Apple Store for service.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2012 3:23 PM in response to nadeebahmad

If someone else has already opened the phone, there is a very real chance that even if you can get it to an Apple Store, they won't touch it. I'm not saying the definitely will not replace it, I'm just saying there is a chance they won't.

It needs to be serviced in the country where it originated. You will have to either physically take it there or send it to somone you trust there so that they can take it in to the Apple Store for service.

Feb 4, 2012 3:32 PM in response to KiltedTim

brother my phone still 6 months warrenty and i took in the same compony which my mobile has under warrenty i did not showed my phone to locacl techinical person..

they said that ur mobile was in our warrenty but if phone flew in water than there is no warrenty and they said me that they will try to fix my phone and will let me know if they can fix or not..after 3 hours they call me back and said me ur mobile has totally dead..

bro i just want to know that how can i contact with apple ...to tell about this all..and is there any chance they can replace my phone iam ready to pay 200 dollar

but just want to know the way to contact them i saw in apple sites apple store are not available in kuwait ::(

Feb 4, 2012 3:43 PM in response to nadeebahmad

The warranty does NOT cover accidental damage.

If you got the phone through Viva or Zain, they provide ALL service for iPhones in Kuwait. If it came from outside of Kuwait, it has to be returned to the country of origin.

If Viva or Zain told you they can't help you, then you are out of luck. Apple does not provide service for iPhones in Kuwait beyond the sale. That is the responsibility of the carriers who sell the phones. Apple has no retail presence in that country and can do nothing more for you.

Feb 4, 2012 3:49 PM in response to KiltedTim

right brother i got my iphone 4 from zain ..and i asked them about it..they said me to go to hatif 2000 mobile compony and contact with them ..i dropped my phone to them and there is one technication he call me on phone and he said me that ur phone has dead now cannot be fix it..thats y brother i ask question here that how can i directly check with apple store ..well thanks for guided me in good way..

so means bro there is no way i can fix my phone ??

Feb 16, 2012 4:51 PM in response to nadeebahmad

hello how r u??? well i checked my phone with zain head office branch but they have no idea about replacment

😟

one of mobile technication he checked my phone and he told that ur iphone entire board has currupt so no there is no solution for it..:(:(

my phone is like a toy .... i just want to ask is there any solution ..can someone fix my phone ...i have not seen apple store in kuwait otherwise i can give it to them to fix...so pls friend help me out for this issue...

my iphone 4 has dropped in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.