Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook isight resolution?

Hello.

I have a Macbook white unibody (late 2010).

Curiosly, I can't seem to find any ofnromation about the resolution of the isight camera that came with the computer.

Cna anyone tell me what's the camera resolution for my Macbook? Thank you.

Mac OS X Lion Thumb USB Drive-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:25 PM

I cannot find Apple published webcam resolution specifications by model either. 

Macs running Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or Lion (10.7.x ) can test camera's resolution by using QuickTime (ver. 10.x) to make a short test video clip at Maximum image Quality as in this image:

User uploaded file

Then use QT's "Movie Inspector" to see the resolution in the saved clip. This is the maximum hardware resolution of your inbuilt camera.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2012 3:25 PM in response to JMPC

I cannot find Apple published webcam resolution specifications by model either. 

Macs running Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or Lion (10.7.x ) can test camera's resolution by using QuickTime (ver. 10.x) to make a short test video clip at Maximum image Quality as in this image:

User uploaded file

Then use QT's "Movie Inspector" to see the resolution in the saved clip. This is the maximum hardware resolution of your inbuilt camera.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.3

Macbook isight resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.