Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad YouTube issues

Specs: iPad 2 3G + WiFi 64GB 5.0.1 (9A405)

Issue: Apple's default YouTube app does not work at all. My subscriptions are completely out of sync. I am missing several channel subscriptions. The ones that do show up in the app are out of synch with the subscribed channel and some do not show new videos (after a month). There have been many complaints to Google about this, but Google says its all on Apple's end. I have tried this on two different iPad 2's, same model, same version (first one exchanged - dead pixel) and have had the same issue on both. Google's mobile web interface works perfectly, all my subscriptions are there and synched with the channels.

Any fixes or workarounds for the app?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 7:19 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2012 5:28 PM in response to macdudeosx

Now the YouTube app will not list any of my subscriptions, it just says "Youtube not available". Yes, I have tried signing in and out, yes I have tried force closing the app and restarting the iPad. My "favorites" "Most Viewed" and "Top Rated" videos show up and play, linked youtube videos also show up and play. Subscriptions does not work at all anymore. I expected better software engineering from Apple.

Anyone, anything?

IPad YouTube issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.