Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!: iphone frozen in apple logo screen after glass replacement.

I ordered one of those glass replacement kit online and replaced the cracked glass on my iphone 3GS. After all done, the screen is frozen on the apple logo. I am told I need to RESTORE the phone. Went on iTunes to restore, and trying to back up first, but the iphone seems to disconnect on its own during the syncing process and won't let it finish.

HELP!

What can I do?

At this point, I'm willing to restore without backing up, but when I choose to restore without back up, it doesn't do anything...

Thanks.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 8:40 PM

Restore sound like the right recommendation, but you might try the much simpler Reset first.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears (ignore the Slide to Power Off option that shows up first).

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2012 8:40 PM in response to soh12

Restore sound like the right recommendation, but you might try the much simpler Reset first.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears (ignore the Slide to Power Off option that shows up first).

Feb 6, 2012 10:01 PM in response to Rysz

Thanks for the info!

I followed that link since the reset didn't work.

Everything seemed to go ok, and it seems like the restore was done and all that was left was for my phone to restart.

However, it's been on the black screen with the white "processing" spring in the middle moving for the last 15-20 minutes. At one point, iTune asked me if I want to use a back-up or be registered(not sure about which word it used?) as a new iphone, and I chose the back-up use. Although I don't have a back up of this phone and whatever "unknown" backup they had listed was from over 10 years ago from god know what.

Is this normal to take THIS long to "restart"??

Or is something wrong?

Thanks

Feb 7, 2012 9:33 AM in response to soh12

No, it definitely is not normal. There might be physical damage caused when you replaced the glass, but lets rule out all software issues first. Disconnect the iPhone from the computer and go thru the three Rs (if needed) in sequance.

Reset:

Normal Restore:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Restore thru recovery mode:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Others suggested here more recovery modes (draining the battery first, etc), but you'll have to search these forums. You can also take it to lacal Apple store for diagnostics.

Feb 7, 2012 10:09 AM in response to soh12

Yep. Something is wrong. Sounds like you broke something when you replaced the glass.

At this point, you are probably limited to:

a) Taking it to a competent repair shop to see if they can fix it for a reasonable price. (Don't bother taking it to Apple at this point, they won't touch it with 3rd party parts installed)

b) buy a new phone.

Help!: iphone frozen in apple logo screen after glass replacement.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.