Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to set a passcode for my iPhone/iPad, but prevent the device from being disabled?

My wife and I have iPhones, and also have an iPad. We also have three children, and recently they have been trying to guess our passcodes so that they can watch videos and play games. Trouble is, after 10 attempts, the device will disable for 60 seconds, and then if the 11th attempt is wrong, the device will disable for 5 minutes, etc. My iPad is currently disabled for 60-minutes. Grrr.

Is there anyway to set a passcode to keep the children out, and yet prevent the device from being disabled on successive attempts? I realise that this feature is there to protect our devices from brute-force attacks, but we are being penalised, in that our devices become disabled for a period of time.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 12:02 PM

4 replies

Is there anyway to set a passcode for my iPhone/iPad, but prevent the device from being disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.