Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck in docking mode

Hi community, hi all,

i have a problem with my iPad (first ... sry for my bad english ... i'm not a native speaker).

Following issue:

My iPad stuck in Docking Mode. Means i get no access to volume keys or to volume bar in the multi tasking section. The volume bar there is empty. So my iPad doesnt play any sound ...

But when i plug in earphones or when i connect my iPad to a bluetooth speaker sound is playing. And when i plug in the iPad into the docking station and pull it off (plug out... doesnt know the word).... then sound comes out of the build in speakers for about 1-2 seconds ... afterwards iPad return into docking mode and sound is away.

What i have done ....

... i rebooted

... i hard reseted it

... i do a factory reset

Nothing work... but it seems to me like a software failure... dont know.

Next issue is that i have no warranty left for exchange at an apple store... 😟

Any ideas from you?

Thanks for any response.

best regards

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 9:51 AM

8 replies

Feb 12, 2012 4:27 AM in response to f2107

I had resolved this issue by myself.

I thought long time about it... and then i got following idea.

I thought ... mybe there is something in the connector which think ipad is already plugged into a docking station.

This helps me....

my idea was .... another product with another behavior to the iPad. So i take my iPad Camera Connection Kit... i stuck it into the connector leave it for several minutes ... and removed it.

My iPad turned back in normal mode ... 🙂 All god. My internal speaker works again. Wuhuuuuu ... Maybe this solution would help somebody.

br

f2107

Dec 26, 2012 9:34 PM in response to f2107

I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix the internal speaker problem in my iPad 1st gen. Your solutions is the only method that restores function to the internal speakers. However, shortly after i remove the HDMI adapter the problem reoccurs, (I did not have access to a camera kit adapter as you had suggested). Is there anything specific you did to permanently fix this sound problem or do I have to use my iPad with 4" cable connected to the bottom of my iPad. :S

Dec 26, 2012 11:24 PM in response to Rej915

Hi Rej915,

This solution with camera kit didn't solve the problem permanently.

Sometimes the speaker problem came back. So i have to plug and unplug the camera kit 2-3 times... this solve the problem for next ... maybe 2-3 weeks... or longer. I don't know why... but it came back ... but why???

So i take the camera kit with me in my bag... it is better than no sound ;o)

Regards!!!

iPad stuck in docking mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.