Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Virus?

I believe I may have received a virus via text message. I'll admit that I stupidly clicked on a link sent to me through a text message and entered the promo code that was also included in that message. I realized what I was potentially doing immediately after hitting "submit" and went into panic mode. I turned airplane mode on and then cleared my history and cookies/date - thankfully I "never" accept cookies and I have private browsing turned ON. Has anyone else encountered something like this? Is there anything I can do to find out if I do in fact have a virus of some sort on my iPhone? If I do have a virus, is there anything I can do myself to remove it? Any recommendations would be very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 6:14 AM

Unless the device is jailbroken, there are no viruses that affect iOS.

What you may want to do is contact the carrier and alert them to the spam txt and confirm that your account has not been compromised.

3 replies

May 18, 2012 7:33 AM in response to WillC37

Okay so I got a similar text and clicked on the link only I didn't type in the 4 digit code I just let it go after that and closed the safari page. So later that day it said that my phone storage was getting full when I still have many GB's left. Would this mean malware was downloaded on my phone when I clicked the link or is my phone okay?

Text Message Virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.