Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SDK 2.2.1 with Xcode 3.1.2 will not let me build to the iOS Simulator!

Hello Everyone,

I have installed the iPhone SDK 2.2.1 with xCode 3.1.2 with the standard options. I have all of the xCode settings proper including the build settings. I am able to open xCode, code the application, Build Successfully, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to run in the simulator. I can open the physical simulator, and I get the "Build Successful" notification in xCode. But if I choose for the simulator (iPhone OS) for my application to build to, I get the error "Error Starting Executible: No Provisioned iPhone OS Device is Connected". My personal device is an iPod Touch 2G-MC running 4.2.1, and I ONLY want to build to the simulator. I am not permitted to run a newer SDK on here and am only trying to get the simulator to run my apps. I have the build options set to "Debug" and i double checked that build settings were in order.

PLEASE HELP ME! Thank You in Advance😉

BTW I have never connected my iOS device to the computer

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 7:11 PM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2012 10:13 PM in response to Michael K. Moore Jr.

The simulator will not support back that far...read the 'About Xcode' file in the /Developer folder.

But I'm curious why you want to do that...you can no longer upload apps to the store using that very old SDK, and the numbers of anyone still using it are almost nil now.

If you must test, you must use a device that is still that far back on the OS. At some point, you will need to use current tools and a current iOS on a current device.

iPhone SDK 2.2.1 with Xcode 3.1.2 will not let me build to the iOS Simulator!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.