Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High data use with iPhone 4s, High data use with iPhone 4s

High data use with iPhone 4s, High data use with iPhone 4s? Have exceeded data use in two weeks but not used it off wifi that much. Solution please!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 11:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2012 11:25 AM in response to Kimmie51

What network are you on? ..... As the network's own apps that measure data usage arnt very reliable. I work for vodaofne and our own data usage app is usually wrong in the first month of having your handset.

Also check your location services, are they on? As if you have apps that use this feature then that could be eating it up.

What I'd recomend is ringing your operator and just checking that you have actually used what you think you have.

Also what apps are you generally using when you are not on wi-fi?

And have you remembered to close apps in your multitasking bar once done with them. I once had a customer that had 56 apps running in the background, and that used all her data up over a few weeks.

Its also worth asking, how much data usage do you actually have?

Feb 14, 2012 1:30 PM in response to jonnybean

Thank you. I'm with O2 and so is my partner. He's spoken to them tonight as he's used ALL of his data usage in 2 1/2 weeks of having the phone. They've told him he won't get charged anymore but will have a slower service! Why charge in the first place!!

So far we're not impressed with this phone. Already taken them back because they wouldn't send texts to be told by the Apple store manager that maybe iPhones aren't for us. We've both had them with no hassle for the last 2 years. Great customer service

High data use with iPhone 4s, High data use with iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.